CHECK OUT NEXTSTEP'S promo video "Recovery.HEALTH.Independence", Click play below.
NextStep is an internationally recognized non-profit that makes life-changing rehab and fitness accessible and affordable to individuals living with paralysis. Today, most of these individuals are deprived of the resources they desperately need to live long, healthy and happy lives. NextStep’s goal is to open NextStep paralysis recovery centers across the country to ensure an improved quality-of-life and a continuum of care for this underserved population. By offering the state-of-the-art equipment, world class certified trainers, cutting edge therapies; our centers provide the best chance for recovery, health, and independence.
THE PROBLEM : FACTS BY THE NUMBERS
Without access to progressive care, individuals will experience :
- Health deterioration
- Secondary medical complications which can result in serious illness or death
Since 2008, NextStep has been a resource to people and families globally, launched a nationwide movement, and inspired millions.
- Opened paralysis training centers in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Orlando, and Kansas City.
- 1st community based center in the Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network
- 1st community based center to offer Locomotor Training in the US.
- Launched a nationwide movement - In NextStep’s footsteps, 5 facilities have joined the NRN in Louisville, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Boston, and Chicago.
- Partnered with Stony Brook University to build a NextStep center in New York.
- Launched a movement in South Alberta through a medical community partnership to increase and improve services for those with paralysis.
- Awards: County of LA Access Award, Telly Award, and Classy Award Finalist
- National televised media coverage on CNN, ABC, CBS, HLN, Discovery…
- Launched Wounded Veterans Scholarship Fund and Quality of Life Grant and Low-Income Scholarship Programs
- Partnership with Revived Soldiers Ukraine
- Awarded Grants: Reeve Foundation, Craig H. Neilsen Foundation, Fran & Ray Stark Foundation, Bank of the West, and more
- Raised over $4,000,000 in support of people suffering from paralysis.
- Improved the quality of life, recovery, and overall health of over 2,000 individuals.
- Support 150+ individuals and their families on a monthly basis.
- With improved health and independence, NextStep members have been able to start new careers, go to school, start driving, get married, start families, and most of all, live healthy and happy lives.
- Offer monthly peer groups, educational classes, and recreational activities for the community.
- Internship programs and partnerships with universities across the country including; UCLA Cal State Dominguez Hills, Stony Brook University, and more.
NextStep is a proud member of the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network® (NRN). The NRN is a network of rehabilitation centers charged with developing and providing therapies that promote functional recovery and improve the health of people living with paralysis.
Six (6) NRN clinical centers and five (5) Community Fitness and Wellness Facilities with over 1,000 patients currently enrolled or have completed therapy protocol.